Here are works I’ve published in various formats and outlets:
- Quiring, T. (2020). Using engaged rhetorical methods to understand and inform collaborative decision making about dams and restoration in the Penobscot River Watershed. Electronic Theses and Dissertations, 3157. University of Maine, Orono, ME.
- Quiring, T. (2020). 3 contributions. In S. Dee, C. Remington, & A. Doweyko (Eds.), Nano Nightmares: Tiny Tidbits of Terror (152–153). London: Trivia Mundi Limited.
- Quiring, T., McGreavy, B., & Hathaway, C. (2019). Affective encounters with tidal livelihoods: Digital field rhetorics for justice and care. Environmental Communication, 14(3), 416–429.
- Quiring, T. (2019). Sustainable stories: Integrated transmedia as an ecology of storymaking. In K. P. Hunt, G. B. Walker, & S. P. Depoe (Eds.), Breaking boundaries: Innovative practices in environmental communication and public participation (277-301). Albany, NY: State University of New York Press.
- Quiring, T. (2018, 2019). pdfca (PDF Corpus/Content Analysis) [open-source command-line application]. DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.1972950
- McGreavy, B., et al. (2018). Enhancing adaptive capacities in coastal communities through engaged communication research: Insights from a statewide study of shellfish co-management. Ocean & Coastal Management, 163, 240-253.
- Lundberg, E., et al. (2017). Communicating about hydropower, dams, and climate change. In M. C. Nisbet, S. S. Ho, E. Markowitz, S. O’Neill, M. S. Schäfer, & J. Thaker (Eds.), The Oxford Encyclopedia of Climate Change Communication.
- Quiring, T., McGreavy, B., & Hathaway, C. (2017). Clam Cam: Exploring clamming on Maine’s coast [multimedia research website].
- Quiring, T. (2016). Transmediating NEST: Building a habitat for ecological storymaking. In Jean Goodwin (Ed.), Confronting the Challenges of Public Participation: Issues in Environmental, Planning and Health Decision-Making (Proceedings of the Iowa State University Summer Symposia on Science Communication).
- Quiring, T. (2015). NEST: Safe beaches, shellfish, and you [transmedia research website].
- Quiring, T. (2015). From voxel vistas: Place-making in Minecraft. Journal of Virtual Worlds Research, 8(1), 1-17.
- Quiring, T. (2012, 2013). 27 contributions. Blues Rock Review.
I’ve also delivered or contributed to dozens of presentations, invited lectures, and technical reports on topics including environmental communication, critical media studies, collaborative research, and community engagement for various local, regional, national, and international conferences and audiences.